Available from February 12 to 14, 2021 only
Regards Hybrides and the Canadian Cultural Center in Paris are joining forces to present a program of five Canadian choreographic short films that offer a diverse vision of contemporary creation. From queer culture to traditional Indigenous heritages, friendship, loneliness, community and decolonization, the artists in this program question the world from a multitude of perspectives, with audacity, intensity and humor. Their choreographic approaches are inscribed on the screen through narrative, conceptual or abstract stories, opening up rich and contrasting avenues of interpretation. A different way to meet the artistic dynamism that is currently unfolding in Canada.
– Sokinaa’ Passkaan Aassisstoi (Clochettes de l’espoir) | Taylor Crowspreadshiswings + Wapikoni mobile | 4min30 | 2020
– Gravity of Center | Victor Quijada + Thibaux Duverneix | 14min | 2012
– Le ballon de l’amitié | Liane Thériault + Dans son salon | 4min | 2014
– White Noise | Joleen Mitton + Wapikoni mobile | 6min | 2018
– Baker | Flamant + Jossua Collin-Dufour + Barbara Lajeunesse | 3min | 2018
In addition, watch our 20-minute interview with Jossua Collin Dufour, professional dancer and initiator of the project “BAKER”, a tribute to Joséphine Baker. He talks about the importance of having strong role models to counter racism and various forms of violence, and of the transformative power of dance. With his art, he expresses his multiple identities and his current reality, hoping to inspire other people, as the great Joséphine Baker inspired him.